Handbags

Women love handbags, well at least I think they do. I kind of think they’re right up there with shoes. Okay, so maybe that’s a generalization. Many of us are in search of the perfect bag though, and I never seem to find it. I look and touch and open pockets, thinking how nice it would be to have a bag that will organize my life. I finally buy one and two weeks later, I’m dumping it for my old $2.00 yard-sale-find with one big receptacle and zero organizational pockets. Poof… there goes fifty bucks.


The one receptacle bag seems much easier to use. Yes, I have to feel around the bottom, looking for things that want to elude me, but is easier for me than looking through eight or so pockets and is ultimately the reason I leave the nicer looking, expensive bag hanging in the closet.


There’s just something about shoes and handbags. I have a closet full of shoes that I almost never wear. I wear the same two pairs, while the others collect dust. It’s the same with handbags. I keep looking at others, as if, I would abandon my one receptacle bag. I could have saved myself a lot of money.

1 comments:

Bob Fahey said...

I've relied on them for years, myself, and I am not even remotely a woman or gay. When I lived in San Diego, I wore bicycle belts everywhere. They carried a lot, but it was all banging together in one big pouch.

Then I found something in the luggage department of a Bloomingdale's in Miami, made by Tumi. You sling it across your shoulder by a strap, and it has a place for everything. I can instantly find my wallet, change purse, my license, credit cards, library card, spare pens and scrap paper (since I'm a writer), eyedrops, my car keys; I can even instantly grab out an antacid if someone starts quoting Glenn Beck.